Hartley’s Hawgs Anglers traditionally compete in three Tournaments annually in partnership with our Adult Host Club Columbus Bassmasters. Boat Captain arrangements are made thru the club for these tournaments. These three tournaments are as follows with the information for each tournament for the upcoming season.
>> SAF State Championship (HS Anglers Only). This tournament is a qualifier for the SAF High School National Championship and World Finals.
- When: May 2, 2020
- Where: Alum Creek Lake
>> Ohio BASS Nation HS/JR State Championship (HS and JR Anglers). This tournament is a qualifier for the BASS HS and JR National Championship.
- When: June 27 – June 28, 2020
- Where: Mosquito Creek Lake
>> OBF HS/JR State Championship (HS and JR Anglers). This tournament is a qualifier to the TBF Junior World Championship (Jr Anglers Only). High School Anglers compete for scholarship money or future entries in upcoming OBF Events.
- OBF HS State Championship (Age 15-18)
- When: July 25, 2020
- Where: Alum Creek Lake
- OBF JR State Championship
- When: July 26, 2020
- Where: O’Shaughnessy Reservoir
Qualifying Anglers have the opportunity to compete at National Events. The Club assists with arranging Boat Captains for these events and other assistance. More information about the tournaments is below:
>> SAF High School National Championship and World Finals
- When: June 23 – June 27, 2020
- Where: Upper Mississippi River, LaCrosse, Wisconsin
- For more information: Student Angler Federation (SAF)
>> BASS HS/JR National Championship
>> TBF Junior World Championship
- When: TBD
- Where: TBD
- For more information: The Bass Federation – Youth
BASS and FLW (affiliated with SAF) and other Organizations offer Open Tournaments for High School Anglers providing additional opportunity to compete on lakes/reservoirs around the State/Country and qualify for National Tournaments. Club members will have the necessary memberships and have competed at these tournaments in the past. However, the arrangements for Registration, Boat Captains, Travel, etc. is up to each club member. Information about the nearest tournament thru each organization is provided below along with links to learn more.
>> BASS HS Open
- When: May 9, 2020
- Where: Lake Cumberland, Russell County, Kentucky
- For more information and additional tournaments: BASS HS
>> Fishers of Men Ohio High School Qualifier
- When: May 23, 2020
- Where: Caesar Creek Lake, Ohio
- For more information: FOM HS Ohio Qualifier
>> FLW HS Open
- When: August 1, 2020
- Where: Lake Erie, Sandusky Ohio
- For more information and additional tournaments: FLW HS