Hoover Fishing Seminar XXIII!
HFS is returning in 2023 and will be held on Saturday, January 28, 2023. Cost is $16/person and includes lunch and (5) raffle tickets. Doors open at 7:00 AM and Seminar will start at 8:00 AM.
Location: Walnut Springs Middle School, Westerville Ohio
This year we are working with Kayakers to also provide some seminar opportunities for Hoover’s thriving Kayak Fishing community. Below is list of all of our proposed speakers for 2023….
- Kayak Catfishing – Ryan Bortz
- Kayak Tournament Fishing Basics – Kayak Mike
- Kayak Bass Fishing – Brandon Woodby
- Fish Finders – Zachariah Stelting
- Hoover Catfishing – Shane Henderson
- Bank Fishing – Christopher Bauman
- Hoover Multispecies Fish Management Study – Ethan Simmons with ODNR
- Alum Muskie Fishing – Dan Brooks
- Bass Fishing Hoover – Jay Siefring
- Crappie Fishing Hoover – Mike Six
- Saugeye Fishing – Troy Becker aka Fishslim
- Saugeye Fishing – Doug Stewart
Below is an episode of Brushpile Fishing done by our crappie fishing speaker, Mike Six, shot on Deer Creek Lake. He has two more upcoming Crappie Fishing Shows (Brushpile Fishing and Fishing 411) shot on Hoover that will be coming out in 2023 so keep an eye out for those!
The Hoover Fishing Seminar (HFS) is the primary fundraising event for the Hartley’s Hawgs as well as the Hawgs sibling club, the Walnut Springs Middle School Fishing Club. 100% of the proceeds are split between the two clubs.
The purpose of the Hoover Fishing Seminar is to provide fishing related information with a primary emphasis on Hoover Reservoir and other central Ohio Fishing opportunities. Each attendee enjoys several conference (classroom) sessions presented by local area anglers. There are also commercial exhibits from several area outdoor related organizations. Lunch is provided as part of each attendees registration. The event closes with a raffle of several prize packages! The event typically draws 300+ fishing enthusiasts from the Central Ohio area.
Below are some pictures from HFS XXII to give you an idea of what the event is all about.